> Home > Admissions > Fees_and_refunds > Enrollment

Fees and Refunds

Enrollment Fees

For all Enrollment and Non-Resident Tuition Refunds submit your Enrollment Fee Refund Request form to the Cashier's Office. A refund or reversal of enrollment or tuition shall be made in accordance with the schedule listed below for reduction in program or withdrawal from class(es). This process shall be initiated upon receipt of a Enrollment Fee Refund Request form to be submitted by the 4th week of classes to the Cashier's Office for classes dropped within the first two weeks of class. Class(es) must be dropped before requesting a refund.

Full Semester Classes (16-to 18-week Classes)
  • A 100% refund is given upon withdrawal during the first two weeks of the semester.

  • No refund or credit is given after withdrawal beyond the second week of the semester.

  • Summer and Short-Term Classes
    The refund/reversal for short-term classes is based on the length of the class and the number of days per week the class meets.

  • A 100% refund is given upon withdrawal by the 10% point.

  • No refund is given after the withdrawal beyond the 10% point.

    Class Meets   100% Refund if Withdrawal
    5 Days a Week   by the End of
    4-week session   2nd day of session
    6-week session   3rd day of session
    8-week session   4th day of session
    10-week session   1st wk of session

    Note: Classes meeting fewer weeks or fewer days per week will have shorter withdrawal periods based on their 10 percent point.

  • Cancelled Classses:
    A full refund will be given for courses cancelled by Hartnell College provided a petition is submitted to the Cashier's Office within one week of cancellation.

    Refund requests require an audit of records to determine the student's balance. Credit balances may be applied or carried forward to the new term in lieu of a refund.

    It's Your Responsibility To Drop Classes!

    Dropping or withdrawing from a course is not an automatic process. It is the student's responsibility to drop the classes they are not attending. (It is NOT the faculty member's responsibility to drop you-It is your responsibility as an enrolled student.) If you do not drop a class, you will be charged for it, and you could receive an "F" grade that will remain on your permanent record.