Pursuant to Title 5, Section 51023.7 of the California Code of Regulations, the Governing Board shall adopt policies and procedures that provide the Associated Students an opportunity to participate effectively in formulation and development of District and College policies and procedures that have a significant effect on students as follows:
• code of student conduct
• academic disciplinary policies
• curriculum development
• courses or programs which should be initiated or discontinued
• processes for institutional planning and budget development
• standards and policies regarding student preparation and success
• student services planning and development
• student fees within the authority of the District to adopt
• any other District or College policy, procedure or other related matter that the Governing Board determines will have a significant effect on students
The Associated Students are assured that recommendations and positions of the Associated Students are given every reasonable consideration.
Recommendations by the Associated Students regarding District and College policies and procedures pertaining to the hiring and evaluation of faculty, administration and staff will be given reasonable consideration.
The selection of student representatives to serve on District and College committee task forces or other governance groups shall be made after consultation with the Associated Students.
California Code of Regulations, Title 5 Section 51023.7
Revised and Adopted: 4-6-98