Accurate attendance tracking is critical to our program funding.
- State funding is provided for excused absences and up to 10 "best interest" days per school year. (Definitions posted on the parent bulletin board.)
- Parents must call in each day their child is not going to be in attendance, and the specific reason for the absence accurately recorded by the Secretary or other CDC staff member.
- We do not receive State funding for unexcused absences. After 3 unexcused absences, your child will be dropped from the program.
Reasons for Dismissal
- 3 unexcused absences
- 3 days of not calling in when a child is absent from the program.
- The Center Director or Site Supervisor may dismiss a family from the program if, for any reason, we believe:
- serving the child would fundamentally alter the nature of our program; *the child's behavior endangers others; or
- the parent is threatening to others or uncooperative in following Center Policies and Procedures.