Arrival at 8:30 a.m. or 1:00 p.m.
8:30–8:50 a.m. or 1:00–1:20 p.m.
Greeting and First Family Time
8:50–11:10 a.m. or 1:20–3:40 p.m.
Indoor/Outdoor Learning Activities
Including snack preparation, large and small group and individual projects
11:10–11:30 a.m. or 3:40–4:00 p.m.
Clean-up & Last Family Time followed by Dismissal at 11:30 a.m. or 4:00 p.m.
- Using puppets
- Telling flannelboard stories
- Writing and dictation
- Looking at and reading books
- Listening to books and stories
- Sharing at “Family Time”
- Engaging in cultural activities
- Participating in group projects
- Engaging in conflict resolution
- Expressing feelings appropriately
Water and Messy Activities
Children will never be restricted from these types of activities and they do occur everyday! Dress children appropriately with swimsuits under clothing in warm weather and “puddle” boots and a raincoat with a hood on rainy days. Children are offered smocks when messy activities are available, but they are not required to wear them to participate.
Logical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Playing math games
- Conducting science experiments
- Preparing food for snack
- Sorting attribute blocks
- Solving disputes with friends
Perceptual and Small Motor
- Cutting with scissors
- Building with LEGOS
- Putting together puzzles
- Stretching rubber bands on geoboards
- Using utensils to prepare snack
Many of our fieldtrips are informal walking tours of Hartnell College and the on-campus community. A week’s advanced notice will be given regarding off-campus fieldtrips. Parents will need to sign a consent allowing their children to participate. Parent Volunteers are always welcome. Parents will be charged a field trip fee of $25.00 a program year per child to cover costs.
Creativity and Self Expression
- Painting, drawing, and sculpting
- Pretend play and dress-ups
- Singing, listening to music, dancing
- Sharing feelings with friends
- Telling stories and making books
Large Motor and Coordination
- Movement and dance
- Running an obstacle course
- Riding tricycles
- Climbing on the play structures
- Building with large, hollow blocks