The Peggy and Jack Baskin Foundation Scholarship seeks out bright, highly motivated, underprivileged women attending Cabrillo College, Hartnell College, or Monterey Peninsula College with a strong potential for making a difference, including women who are re-entering the work force.
The program provides one student from each participating college with a $20,000 scholarship over two years. Students must be enrolled in one of the aforementioned community colleges and dedicated to enrolling in and completing their junior and senior years of their college education at a University of California campus.
Campus Deadline: February 28, 2014
2014 Hazel Hawkins Hospital Foundation Scholarships
Hospital Foundation scholarships, including the Gallardo Scholarship, named for benefactor, Ysidro Gallardo current Personnel Director at HHMH, will be awarded in the range of $500 - $2,000. Scholarship awards are issued in stages.
- Applicant must be a high school graduate (or graduating senior) and a resident of San Benito County for a minimum of one continuous year previous to the application date. The residency requirement may be waved for a San Benito Health Care District employee with one year's service.
- Applicant must be seeking education in an accredited institution that would lead to employment in a healthcare field.
- Applicant must show proof of registration or acceptance by June 1st in an accredited school. Scholarship money will be withheld until such acceptance is shown. An alternate student will be chosen id proof of acceptance/enrollment is not provided.
- Applicant must provide a high school Transcript and any additional post-high school record.
- Applicant must show evidence of good citizenship.
- Applicant must provide three references (see instructions for Submitting Application).
Deadline: April 30, 2014
Latina Leadership Network of the CA Community Colleges 2013-2014 Scholarship Program
The Latina Leadership Network will be awarding 4 student scholarships of $500 to students currently attending California Community Colleges. LLN Scholarship recipients will be honored at the 27th Annual Latina Leadership Network Conference at Ohlone College Newark Center on March 28th.
- Be of Latino heritage
- 24 units of college work completed (may include work-in-progress)
- Must have a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Currently enrolled in a CA Community College
- Must provide a transcript of all work completed (Official or Unofficial)
- Applications will be evaluated based on:
- Personal essay
- Academic achievement
- Community involvement
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Completed application
Deadline: March 5, 2014
2014 Monterey County Film Commission Scholarship & Award Program
The Monterey County Film Commission's Director Emeritus Richard Tyler Scholarship Award Program provides financial aid and incentive to students of film and beginning filmmakers. In keeping with their mission, the goal is to provide, encourage and support educational opportunities relating to film, to the residents of Monterey County.
- Must be a resident of Monterey County and currently enrolled for at least 9 units at a Community College, University or accredited film school in Monterey County. Must include official proof of current registration from the Registrar.
- Be 18 years, or older. Applicant must include photocopy of a government-issued photo identification showing date of birth and current address.
- Have a GPA of 20. or higher. A copy of transcript for all prior college -level work is a must.
- Provide 2 letters of recommendation or 2 optional Applicant Assessment forms.
- Write a Statement of Purpose (max. 250 words) showing strong commitment to specific goals as a filmmaker.
- Write a Statement of Financial Needs (max. 250 words) documenting details and explaining how the scholarship money will be used.
- Write a statement (max. 500 words) describing a prior film-related project on which the applicant worked. Statement should explain the applicant's area of responsibility and effects on the project overall.
Deadline: March 14, 2014
2014 Women's Education Leadership Initiative (WELI) Scholarships
WELI is designed to increase the leadership capacity, workforce skills, college enrollment, and college completion rate of women, single parents, and re-entry students in the Salinas Valley. The program supports students who are socially, educationally and economically disadvantaged. We are seeking students who are committed to improving their lives and the lives of their families through higher education.
- enrolled or show evidence of enrollment at Hartnell College in the 2014-2015 academic year prior to issuance of award.
- minimum of 15 units of academics remaining at Hartnell.
- maintain a 2.5 G.P.A. and carry a minimum of 9 unites each semester.
Pacific Gas & Electric Bright Minds Scholarship Program
PG&E believes power does more than fuel our communities with gas and electricity. They believe in personal power, knowing that the right educational opportunities can spark an individual’s success. And from there, what inspires one person has the power to light up an entire community. That’s why PG&E has awarded $1 million in scholarships to bright minds who have given back to their local community or who have overcome personal hardship.
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age and be a high school senior or graduate, have received GED certification or be a current post-secondary undergraduate student.
- Live within the PG&E Service Area
- Plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school for the entire 2014-2015 academic year.
Deadline: February 28, 2014
Burke-Weber Memorial Scholarship
The Burke-Weber Scholarship is a fund providing scholarship(s) up to $2,000 per year for qualified Salinas Valley high school senior students pursuing a career in Pharmacy and/or Agriculture. This scholarship is renewable upon re-application.
Jimmie Cox Memorial Scholarship
The organization Agri-Culture is pleased to offer a $4,000 award for a student entering or currently attending college and majoring in agriculture. This award will be allocated for the remaining years in college (maximum 4 years) with verification of registration for each session of full time classes.
Eligibility: Student, and/or legal guardian, must live either in Santa Cruz County, or within the Pajaro Valley Unified School District boundaries, or be a current member of the Santa Cruz County Farm Bureau.
- Official high school transcripts
- Official college transcripts
- 3 letters of recommendation (each in a sealed envelope)
Deadline: February 26, 2014
CANERS Foundation 2014 Scholarship
Deadline: March 15, 2015
Deadline: March 31,2014
The A.W. Bodine-Sunkist Memorial scholarship was established in memory of Arthur W. Bodine, a distinguished director of Sunkist Growers and a respected agricultural leader, to provide funds for undergraduate students from agricultural backgrounds who are in need of financial assistance to further their educations. Scholarships are available to students entering any undergraduate grade level who are enrolled in pr have applications pending at an accredited college and plan to pursue a course of study leading to a degree.
- A background in CA or AZ agriculture - the student, or someone in the student's immediate family must have derived the majority of their income from agriculture.
- Financial need.
- GPA and extracurricular activities indicative of potential for success.
- Completed application
- Personal and financial information- including the most recent tax return
- A written essay discussing personal and agricultural background
- Transcripts of grades and college board test scores
- Two references from teachers, school administrators, employers or community organizers.
Deadline: April 30th of every academic year
Association of California Water Agencies Scholarship Program
The Association of California Water Agencies (ACWA) is the largest statewide coalition of public water agencies in the country. Its nearly 440 public agency members collectively are responsible for 90% of the water delivered to cities, farms and businesses in California.¬†Each year ACWA awards two $3,000 scholarships to deserving students in a water-resources related filed of study.
- A California resident
- A full-time junior or senior in the year the scholarship will be applied
- Attending an accredited, publicly funded college or university in CA
- Studying a water-resources related field or discipline
- Planning to attend school for the complete academic year
***Must submit 2 - 3 letters of recommendation along with completed application
Delta Kappa Gamma International Society- Thea Pi Chapter Scholarship
- Completed application
- Official transcripts from last 2 years of study. May be from community college, university or high school.
- 2 letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the students course of study and/or interest in education.
- Personal statement in which the student goes into detail about why he/she is interested in becoming a teacher. (Include factors influencing choice and experiences which relate to teaching.)
Deadline: February 15, 2014
email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The JLMC Scholarship is designed to assist women 18 years of age or older who want to improve their career opportunities by furthering their education. All applicants must have specific degrees or training goals in mind and demonstrate community involvement. Scholarship amounts of up to $7,500 have been awarded in the past.
- A minimum of 18 years of age
- Currently enrolled at an accredited 2 or 4 year college or vocational school
- Registered for a minimum of 9 semester units, or equivalent
- Residents of Monterey County
- Citizen or legal resident of the US (may be required to show proof)
- A copy of valid driver's license or ID card
- two letters of recommendation
- copies of all transcripts
Karl S. Pister Leadership Opportunity Program UCSC
The Karl S. Pister Leadership Opportunity Program enables outstanding UC-qualified junior-level community college students to complete their undergraduate studies at UC Santa Cruz. The program provides a $20,000 scholarship distributed over 2 years, mentoring and academic support, and assistance finding paid or volunteer summer work experience.
- Show exceptional achievement through academic and extracurricular accomplishments despite adverse socioeconomic conditions
- Demonstrate an involvement in activities that assist and improve the lives of others
- Exhibit outstanding leadership qualities that reflect the ideals of the Pister Program
- Because of financial need, would not otherwise be able to attend UC Santa Cruz
- Are qualified for Fall 2014 admission to UCSC as a junior
- Must be a US citizen, eligible non-citizen with an Alien registration number, or a student qualifying under AB 130 or AB 131.
GreenPal Business Scholarship
GreenPal believes small businesses are the backbone of our country's economy.
The purpose of The GreenPal Small Business Scholarship is to assist a motivated, driven student and future business leader. GreenPal believes that the generation of today's students are the future employers of tomorrow. The future of our county will be forged by the entrepreneurial spirit of today's generation.
If you currently run a small business while attending college or have a small business idea to start while you plan to attend college, click on the link below for instructions and criteria for applying for the GreenPal scholarship.
The Drive to Learn Scholarship
Take a moment to think about your most memorable experiences - both good and bad - as a driver and/or a passenger. Whether or not you noticed it at the time, they probably helped you learn something about yourself, others, or life in general. Share your experiences with Shift Insurance and take advantage of their new scholarship opportunity!
Visit the website to learn more: www.shiftins.com/automobile/car-insurance-program.aspx
Deadline: March 1, 2014
2014 eQuality Scholarships
- Be a resident of Northern or Central California
- Graduate High School between July 1, 2009 and June 30, 2014
- Complete Community College between July 1, 2009 and June 30, 2014
- Enrolled or accepted into an accredited ADN, or BSN RN program in California; or
- Attending an accredited medical school elsewhere in the United States.
California Strawberry Scholarships
California Strawberry Scholarships available exclusively for children of strawberry farm workers who are attending a college/university, community college, or an accredited trade school as a Full-Time student. Scholarship awards start at $400 and can be renewed annually!
- High school seniors
- Continuing college students, including those in advanced studies (Master's and Doctorate degrees)
- Also individuals seeking their professional certification (teaching credential, technical program, etc.)
To apply, please go to: www.californiastrawberries.com/scholarships
Deadline: March 1, 2014
Udall Foundation Scholarship Program
In 2014, the Udall Foundation expects to award 50 scholarships of up to $5,000 and 50 honorable mentions to sophomore and junior level college students committed to careers related to the environment, tribal public policy, or Native American health care.
Scholarships are offered in any of three categories:
- To students who have demonstrated commitment to careers related to the environment including policy, engineering, science, education, urban planning and renewal, business, health, justice, economics, and other related fields; or
- To Native American and Alaska Native students who have demonstrated commitment to careers related to tribal public policy, including fields related to tribal sovereignty, tribal governance, tribal law, Native American education, Native American justice, natural resource management, cultural preservation and revitalization, Native American economic development, and other areas affecting Native American communities; or
- To Native American and Alaska Native students who have demonstrated commitment to careers related to Native health care, including health care administration, social work, medicine, dentistry, counseling, and research into health conditions affecting Native American communities, and other related fields.
Campus Deadline: February 21, 2014
2014 Bruce Church Educational Foundation Scholarship
The Burce Church Ed. Foundation awards scholarships in the range of $500-$5,000 to deserving students who are interested in studying and preparing for a career in the field Agriculture. Agriculture disciplines include: Ag. Business, Agronomy, Horticulture, Entomology, Plant Pathology, Food Science and Safety, etc. Students from the Salinas and Pajaro Valleys will be given first priority.
- 2.5 GPA
- Must be an Agriculture, or related, major
- Be actively involved in school and/or community activities
Deadline: April 1, 2014
The Critical Systems Inc. Breakthrough Technology Scholarship
A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to students who write an essay on their motivation to pursue an engineering degree in their chosen area.
Visit website for more information: www.criticalsystemsinc.com/scholarships
Deadlines: July 30th & October 31st
Veterans United Foundation Scholarship
This scholarship program aims to assist military service members and their families by awarding five bi-annual $2,000 scholarships to help pay for tuition and books. Potential applicants must be pursuing a post-secondary degree at an accredited college or university and have a connection to the military by being one of the following:
- Active-duty service member
- Spouse of military member or veteran
- Surviving spouse of a fallen soldier
- Child of a military member or veteran
Please visit the website for more information on how to apply:
Fall Deadline: October 1st thru 31st
Spring Deadline: April 1st thru 30th