Full-time employees at Hartnell College are provided health insurance through MCSIG, the Monterey County Schools Insurance Group. The District has designated MCSIG PPO $25 (formerly called Option III) as its "Base" plan. The District pays 100% of the premium for the base plan for its full-time employees and 95% of the premium for eligible dependents. Employees may elect plans other than the base plan, as is explained in the “District Benefits Overview” document.
Hartnell’s health benefits progam is designed to emphasize wellness and preventative care, and includes:
- Medical coverage through Anthem Blue Cross (an 80/20 plan)
- Prescription coverage through Express Scripts
- Dental insurance through Delta Dental (medium plan with orthodontia)
- Vision insurance through VSP (medium plan)
- Behavioral Health and Employee Assistance Plan through MHN, a Health Net Company
- Surgical Benefit Option with BridgeHealth.
- Epic Hearing Health Care
- 24-hour on-call service from TelaDoc
- Life Insurance coverage from Prudential Financial (employees only)
- Long-term disability income plan through UNUM (employees only)
- Accidental death and dismemberment coverage (employees only).
- Section 125 plans
NEW!! - June 2013 MCSIG Special Enrollment/Change Form (eff. July 1 coverage)
(Available only through June 18, 2013)