Full-time employees at Hartnell College are provided health insurance through the Monterey County Schools Insurance Group (MCSIG).
The District pays 100% of the employee premium, and 95% of dependent premium for coverage in the MCSIG PPO $25 plan (an 80/20 plan, formerly called Option III). The PPO$25 is the "Base" plan, and employees may elect coverage in other plans offered by MCSIG, as is briefly outlined in the “District Benefits Overview” document.
Hartnell’s health benefits progam is designed to emphasize wellness and preventative care, and includes:
- 24-hour, on-call physician services through TelaDoc (or, Download the Mobile App)
- Medical coverage through Anthem Blue Cross
- Optional Medical Surgical Benefit through BridgeHealth.
- Prescription coverage through Express Scripts
- Dental insurance through Delta Dental (medium plan with orthodontia)
- Vision insurance through VSP (medium plan)
- Epic Hearing Health Care
- Behavioral Health and Employee Assistance through MHN, a Health Net Company
- Wellness Incentive Programs: Fitness Center Discounts, Healthy Weight Incentive, & more!
- Section 125 plan
- Life Insurance coverage from Prudential Financial (employees only)
- Long-term disability income plan through UNUM (employees only)
- Accidental death and dismemberment coverage (employees only)
MCSIG Change Form
(Includes Declination of Dependent Coverage Form)
Webpage last updated: 04/23/14