Full-time employees at Hartnell College are provided health insurance through the Monterey County Schools Insurance Group (MCSIG).
The District pays 100% of the employee premium, and 95% of dependent premium for coverage in the MCSIG PPO $25 plan (an 80/20 plan, formerly called Option III). The PPO$25 is the "Base" plan, and employees may elect coverage in other plans offered by MCSIG, as is briefly outlined in the “District Benefits Overview” document.
Hartnell’s health benefits progam is designed to emphasize wellness and preventative care, and includes:
- TelaDoc 24-hour, on-call physician services via telephone or video chat
(Download the Mobile App or See 2 minute video)
- Anthem Blue Cross/MCSIG medical plan coverage
(Anthem On-line Tour/Registration/Log-in & Provider Finder)
- BridgeHealth optional surgical medical benefit
- Express Scripts prescription coverage
- Delta Dental dental coverage (medium level plan with orthodontia)
- VSP vision insurance through (medium level plan)
- Epic Hearing Health Care
- MHN behavioral health and Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Incentive Programs: Fitness Center Discounts, Healthy Weight Incentive, & more!
- Section 125 plan administered by Payflex
- Life Insurance coverage from Prudential Financial (employees only)
- Long-term disability income plan through UNUM (employees only)
- Accidental death and dismemberment coverage (employees only)
2014-15 MCSIG Medical Plan Coverage Comparison Chart
2014-15 MCSIG Medical Rates
2014-15 MCSIG Dental & Vision Rates
Prior Fiscal Year Information:
Webpage last updated: 09/04/14