The following links are designed to help you get started with research papers and assignments.
The Research Paper: How to Get Started, Information about how to select a topic and more. (PDF)
Search Strategy: The Basics, Guide to finding information about your topic. (PDF)
Choosing a Topic (Flash video)
Refining a Topic (Flash video)
How to Prepare an Annotated Bibliography from Cornell University Library
- Hartnell Online Catalog, Look up information, access electronic books.
- CQ Researcher, Look up information on current and controversial topics.
- EBSCOhost, Look up magazine and journal articles.
- ProQuest Newspapers, Look up newspaper articles.
- CountryWatch, Look up information about countries.
- CultureGrams, Look up information about world cultures.
- Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center, One-stop source for current social issues.
- A to Z list of all research resources
Get help with formatting citations on our How to Cite Information page