> Home > Student Services > Counseling > Faq > Grades

Frequently Asked Questions - Grades

I went to college before. Can I use any of those classes for my degree?
Yes, especially classes for general education. All credits you have earned are acceptable. Some programs may require that you update your knowledge.

How do I get the D's and F's cleared from my transcript?
Once grades are recorded on your record, they are permanent and cannot be removed. You can have D's and F's discounted from your grade point average by either repeating the classes or by applying for academic renewal. Contact your counselor for more information.

What is the "W" grade?
"W" stands for withdrawal. It is not computed in your GPA, but affects progress probation and dismissal. See Grading Policies for a complete explanation of grades & how to compute grade point average.