> Home > Student Services > Counseling > Faq > Residency

Frequently Asked Questions - Residency

What is considered a California Resident?
You must be a California resident to pay the current enrollment fee. A California resident is defined as one who has physically resided in California for a period of one year prior to the first day of the semester, and who has an absence of ties to any other state. Students who are residents of other states wishing to change their residence to California must show intent to become a resident during their one-year waiting period. Such intent includes filing a California State Income tax return, vehicle registration, driver's license, local voting record, or other verifiable evidence of steps taken to become a California resident along with waiting the one- year. A change of Residency Classification form must be filed at the Admission's Office when changing your residency status.