> Home > Student Services > Counseling > Faq > Work_experience

Frequently Asked Questions - Work Experience

What is the difference between work experience and job placement?
Work Experience is a program for students to earn college credit by combining volunteer or paid work experience with classroom training. Job Placement is a service to help students find jobs on or off campus.

I work full time, can I get a degree or certificate?

Yes, you can complete a degree or certificate while maintaining a full time job.

There is no time limit for completion of these requirements. Many of our students work full-time and care for a home and children. Ask your counselor about the Weekend College Program designed especially for working students.
Can I get units for working in the same job I am in right now?
Yes. You can earn credits by working for pay or as a volunteer through the Work Experience Program.