All EOPS and CARE students must follow our Student Responsibility Contract to participate in the program.
- Academic Counseling: Three counselor contacts are required for each semester.
- Orientation: Attend a one time, mandatory new student orientation.
- Education Plan: Complete and maintain a current four semester educational plan.
- Midterm Progress Report: This form is sent to all EOPS/CARE students in the mid-semester. Instructors need to complete the form. When completed, submit to the EOPS office.
- Priority Registration: For each semester, EOPS/CARE students are given a priority registration day.
Students who do not meet the responsibilities every semester will receive less services or be withdrawn from the program.
Once a student completes 70 degree applicable units or 6 consecutive semesters, they are no longer eligible for EOPS/CARE services.
High Unit Majors: Students will continue in the program beyond 70 units when their majors are: RN = 118.25 units; Engineering LVN = 95 units; Engineering = 94.5 units
- Take advantage of any Student Services available on campus
- Meet with your EOPS/CARE counselor at least twice per semester
- Contact your Peer Advisor regularly
- Turn in your completed Progress Reports on time (Progress Report Forms can be downloaded from this web site.)
- Let EOPS/CARE counselors know if there are any changes in your academic schedule
- Follow the Hartnell College Academic Honor Code
- Notify EOPS/CARE staff of address or phone number changes
We will work with you - Our goal is to make a college education accessible to students.