> Home > Student Services > International > Transfer_students



Are you studying at an American college or language school already? If you are attending another school in the U.S., and have a valid I-20, you may choose to transfer to Hartnell College to continue your studies.


  • First, complete the application materials for Hartnell College.
  • Send your application and other documents to the International Student Center, 411 Central Avenue, Salinas, California 93901. When you send us the application, tell us that you are a student at another U.S. school.
  • Print out and complete the top part of the transfer form.
  • Give the transfer form to the advisor at your current school. The advisor will complete the bottom part of the form, telling us about your I-20 and SEVIS status, and will send the form to us.


We will review your application and the transfer form. If everything is in good order, we will issue you a new I-20 and a letter of admission from Hartnell College.


Please contact us at intlstud@hartnell.edu or (831)755-6829 if you have any questions.